Monday, July 18, 2011

Com Vietnamese Grill : Atlanta

I had read a few good comments about Com Vietnamese Grill on Chamblee Dunwoody Rd, so decided to check it out while I was in the area. It's tucked in the corner of a small strip mall building.  Apologies for the terrible cell phone picture, which makes this look more like an adult-entertainment store than a restaurant.


Grilled pork.
Decent meal for $8.  The grilled pork ribs had slightly sweetened, charred flavor.  I was expecting the  rectangle in the lower right corner to be some sort of a steamed egg concoction, but it surprised me in being more like a steamed ground-pork, almost meatball tasting thing.

The plate was refreshing in that the flavors did not hold back.  They were not ones that you would usually taste at a restaurant catering to Americanized palates and ones I would not even know where to start if I was to try figuring this out, cooking at home.  The real sticking point I had, however, was that a lot of the plate was only luke-warm; the fried egg, the pork square and the rice, just tasted like they had been waiting for some time.


Coffee cake
There was a surprise dessert (or perhaps I just missed the note on the menu that said dessert was included.)  Certainly a nice touch, if not really anything special.


Perhaps I owe this place another go, but the temperature of the food was kind of a turn-off.

Com Vietnamese Grill
5486 Chamblee Dunwoody Road Dunwoody GA 30338
www.comgrill.com

No comments:

Post a Comment