Friday, March 25, 2011

Bernhard Bakery : Smyrna, GA

Bernhard's is a German Bakery that sits out in the middle of the nowhere, on a stretch of road that passes by the nearby airforce base.


I will be the first to admit that I have no experience with German bakeries.

But that being said, I was a bit disappointed. I suspect that my not really liking the offerings that I went with, were not so much being unfamiliar with the German tastes, so much as the pastries seemed Americanized.

Bear Claw & Poppy Seed bun
Granted, these were not too over-the-top sweet, my initial impressions were that I could find something not too different in the bakery section of the supermarket.


Beesting Cake
Almond slivers in a sweetened topping, with a thin layer of cream - again, I was not quite seeing what was so unique and different about the flavors or the quality here.


Hmm, I just read through the two yelp reviews; yes, these sweets were a disappointment, but perhaps it is worth try re-visiting with less of a sweet-tooth focus.

Bernhard's Bread Bakery LP
1592 Atlanta Road SE, Ste 110, Marietta, GA 30060 (Map)
www.bbbakery.com

No comments:

Post a Comment