Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Umezono : Smyrna

Oh boy...

Between work, a spate of traveling, and wanting to just decompress when I am home, this blog has gone flatline. Oops.

Well, at least I've a massive backlog of places to post about.

Let's get the unexciting stuff out of the way, shall we?

I've mentioned Umezono one before and I finally got a chance to try it out.

It was uninspiring and yet I still managed to stuff myself silly.

Ume Onigiri - Pickled plum placed into rice ball with seaweed - Ugh, a big hulking ball of rice with a sour pickled plum inside. I'm fairly certain I could have done this: bought pickled plum in a jar, cooked some sticky rice and made a big ball of it. I've never had a onigiri, but it just seemed like the proportions were all wrong. Surely, it can't just taste like you're eating a big ball of rice, can it?

Curry Rice - Rather heavy and I can't say that much better than that curry mix you see so often in Asian groceries.

Vanilla ice cream - This came complimentary, which seemed downright puzzling until I looked around and saw the demographic.

Next!

Umezono Japanese Restaurant
2086 Cobb Pkwy Smyrna, GA 30080-2700 (Map)
(770) 933-8808
umezono.us‎

No comments:

Post a Comment