Friday, May 14, 2010

China Delight : Chamblee

Saw a Chowhound post on dimsum in Atlanta and ended up going twice to China Delight, once, by myself and a week later with my parents.

Despite the rather run-down exterior, I would say it offers slightly above average and consistent-quality dimsum.



Oh the dishes, only a few stuck out, enough to make notes.


Shao mai (烧卖) - standard stuff




"Shark-fin" dumplings - hmm, tastes very much shu-mai.  Not so much of any shark-fin.




Radish Cake (萝卜糕) - Chunks of radish. Didn't mind the taste/texture so much, but according to my mom, not the way this is supposed to be.


Meat in rice noodle (牛腸) - Noodle thinner than the usual.




BBQ Pork Pastry (叉烧酥) - Strangely, probably the most memorable and yet seemingly most Americanized dish (According to Wikipedia, I'm wrong on that).  A pastry with BBQ pork inside coated with a bit of honey on the surface.  Savory and sweet combo.




Coconut jello - Bleh. The one thing I did not like at all. Tasted like it was straight from a mix.


Shrug, consistent stuff, if not something I would consider amazing or destination worthy.


China Delight
2390 Chamblee Tucker Road Chamblee, GA 30341
(770) 986-0898
www.pdxchinadelight.com

No comments:

Post a Comment