Friday, April 09, 2010

Doceur De France : Marietta

Another one of those fated run-ins.  We were originally going to go for a hike, but instead chose to eat croissants and pastries.

Hmm, there goes that plan for exercise.

(If you really want to know the real reason, there was on and off rain and we didn't want to get stuck out on a muddy trail somewhere, getting drenched.)

 Anyways, Doceur de France a local French bakery and cafe:



Opera - Quality ingredients and I did like this over that at Maison Robert, but like the one there, the flavors of the different layers seemed to come in discrete times, instead of a continuous flow of flavors.

Coconut Macaroon - I must admit that my first association with coconut macaroons are of the chocolate coconut girl scout cookies. Like those, these ooze a bit of oil as well, but this has a slight tang to the front-end, seemingly associated with the use of fresh coconut. Not bad.

Beignet - Enjoyable, if not original. Light, topped with a light covering of sugar.

Chocolate truffle - Probably the sole thing that I thought was only okay, tasting more like a ball of fudge than anything.



Chocolatine - Not overly buttery, decent I believe milk chocolate.  Not bad.





The insides are pretty cute and the pastries are not half-bad.  While it's nothing to go nuts over, if I have to settle on here to fulfill for my French pastry cravings, I don't think I'll mind.


Doceur de France
367 Glover Avenue Southeast Marietta, GA 30060-2701 (Map)
(770) 425-5050
www.douceurdefrance.com‎

No comments:

Post a Comment