Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Costa Del Sol : Norcross

I'm following up on some old Atlanta Chowhound recommendations and decided to try Costa Del Sol, which serves Salvadoran food.


Not sure why I took a picture of the tortillas.  I think to show the little pouring jar for the tomatoey salsa.


? - Yum.  Satisfying drink, even though I couldn't remember what it's called.  With an almost plum-like flavor.


Steak - While the tortillas had been clearly freshly made in the back, somehow I was incompetant in putting everything together in the tortilla, as everything merged into a more homogenous bland-tasting flavor, despite everything tasting pretty distinctive individually. The sausages was good in a oily/fatty kind of way. To my undistinguished palate, it came off tasting like a juicy, more robust hot dog. The steak, just lightly salted in flavor, but decently cooked.  The avocado was well, an avocado.  The cheese I think is queso fresco(?), a light Mexican cheese that gets served a lot down here. Refried beans and rice were okay, but somehow gave me a buttery type vibe.


Definitely enjoyed the freshly made tortillas...


The tamales also was satisfying, the moist somewhat mushy texture and the banana leaf wrapper, reminding me of Chinese sticky rice, zongzi (粽子), but the flavor and insides obviously being completely different.


Service was very friendly and I think more than a little curious to see how I would like the food.

All in all, a terrifically fulfilling meal on a bitterly cold day.

Costa Del Sol
5265 Jimmy Carter Boulevard Norcross, GA 30093-1695 (Map)
(770) 840-6040

1 comment:

  1. Dear Foodenthusiast, love your review of Costa Del Sol. I give you so much respect for trying out this south american spot. I generally have found that this can be a dangerous feat at times. If you luck out and find a good place, it feels great, but if you end up at a not so good spot, it can be a health risk! Love what you ordered. There are some wonderful shots of the food. Very professional and I will definitely be back to have a bite of more.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Cheers, Gaby
    You can visit me at http://ptsaldari.posterous.com

    ReplyDelete