Monday, February 22, 2010

Cobb International Farmer's Market : Smyrna

I much prefer the larger Buford Highway Farmers Market with its more wide-spanning selection of products, but I'm much closer to the Cobb International Farmer's Market, so end up visiting there more frequently...

... and mostly trying out the Mexican sweets and treats.  Strangely, I've been a little bit disappointed.   Of the pastries I've tried, the one consistent treat have been the churros, particularly if you nuke the things for a few seconds.  It's not really mind-blowing, new or complex, but it has a soft breadiness on the outside and has a touch of cream on the inside.


Most of the other pastries I've tried have either been dry or majorly dried out one day later.



So sad having to eat a dried out cookie.  :'(


I've also been trying out a few of the packaged Mexican junk food treats.  I dug these Maduritos Sweet Plantain chips and ending up eating this entire bag in one sitting, which was probably not the healthiest decision.  The chips themselves are fairly thick, reminding me of Cape Cod potato chips and with some of the natural sweetness of the plantains coming through.


Wasn't such a fan of these La Torre Hojaldradas cajeta cookies.  I was expecting that rich caramel/dulce de leche flavor that I found even in the store-bought cajeta, and I just wasn't finding it here.  Perhaps it just because they've been packaged with the moister cajeta filling, but the cookies themselves are surprisingly chewy.


Again, I visit this place mostly out of convenience and sometimes to just eat, but  I'm hoping that I will eventually stumble some special treats here, beyond the churros.


Cobb International Farmer's Market
2350 Spring Rd SE Smyrna, GA 30080
(678) 309-0007
nsgifm.com‎

1 comment:

  1. I have always wanted to try a churros......they look so yummy! Such a treat!

    ReplyDelete