Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Fage Yogurt

This is old news for some of you foodies, but for those who aren't familiar with it, I just wanted to give a quick  heads up about Fage yogurt.  I just picked up a Fage Yogurt with honey (incidentally at Old Nelson Deli, which also has some decent frozen yogurt) and I have to say that this stuff is pretty great.   I liked the yogurt on its own, a tangy, thick, creamy mass that is natural tasting, but together with the honey, it was simply a joy.


Pic blatantly stolen from Fage Yogurt's website
but I hope they don't mind.

Anyways, a number of places on the internet have covered this already (SeriousEats and FoodHer promotion to name a couple), so I won't be redundant:

But I did want to point out a few sites that showcase recipes on using this yogurt, not only for the usual breakfast/dessert type deals, but also for entree dishes, since Fage yogurt is fairly similar to sour cream. (umm, not that I know how to use sour cream for any dishes, but I'm definitely intrigued...)

Fage USA recipes
ErinCooks
CityMama
WoodenSpoon

Anyways, if you haven't tried Fage yogurt yet, they are apparently doing a bit of promotional tour of the US.

And just for references, an somewhat old Chowhound "Prices for Fage Yogurt" Thread, which also features where it's sold.

Fage Yogurt
www.fageusa.com/
($Cooking, $Snacks)

No comments:

Post a Comment