Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Vic Sushi

Well, this is rather embarrassing. To have a decent, inexpensive, tiny hole-in-the-wall sushi joint around the corner from my place (it probably seats 8) and not have known about it since now... that brings the flush to my ears and cheeks.

To keep things short, I grabbed take-out from this place, going for their 3-roll special (3 sushi rolls for lovely price of $10.95), opting for the Shrimp Tempura, Eel and the Spicy Tuna rolls.


Of the three rolls, the spicy tuna roll was the most eye-opening. Moist sticky rice and noticeably fresh, tender tuna. This was some good stuff.

The other two rolls weren't bad, having some of that same great rice, but I did notice that the shrimp in the shrimp tempura was a touch over-cooked. The texture of the tempura was also not hot and crunchy, but it was difficult to assess whether that was the result of take-out versus actually ordering in the restaurant.

All in all, there is a very good chance I will be back to try out other rolls. I just hope there is an open seat there.

Vic Sushi
2035 Sansom St Philadelphia, PA 19103 (Map)
(215) 564-4339
www.vicsushi.com

No comments:

Post a Comment