Friday, May 29, 2009

Truffettes de France

I am aware that the Minimalist described how simple it is to make chocolate ganache.

But it's kind of nice to have an idea of what they're supposed to taste like first. And personally, while I do like them, chocolate ganache is low on my list of things to try to make.

Anyways, we bought a few boxes of chocolate truffles at a grocery shop around the Jean Talon Market. They're quite lovely, with a creamy flavor that lingers on your tongue deliciously and I just wanted to recommend them in case anyone came upon them. Below are pictures of the hazelnut flavor, but they also had plain and cappuccino flavors as well. (Sorry no pictures of the actually pieces, since well it kind of melted in our car one day and reformed in a massive truffle blob.)



Heh and just for kicks, here are the nutritional facts.



If anyone is curious (perhaps for those who want to make their own), the ingredients are: Partially hydrogenated vegetable fats, sugar, low fat cocoa, whey (milk), roasted hazelnut pieces, cocoa powder, natural hazelnut flavour, soya lecithin, natural vanilla flavour (wheat).

PS. Apparently, various sellers sell this brand on the web. For example, here's an Amazon seller. And apparently, they also show up at Costco too.

www.chocmod.com
($Dessert, $French, $Recommended)

5 comments:

  1. ive tasted that kind of truffe and it was excellent famous, well cant describe it... u stop what u was doing when u put one in ur mouth... they melt and are tastier than everything u can have tasted b4 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, can you tell me which grocery store you bought this truffle chocolate from? I have been looking for it everywhere and still couldn't find it. I even went to Costco... still no luck. It'd be great if I can buy some of this truffle as a gift for my family as I am leaving Canada to visit my family in Hong Kong this Friday.

    Please contact me at rickycheng_98@yahoo.com
    Ricky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Which grocery shop did you find the truffettes? I would like to buy a box too. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dudu, I bought this while visiting Montreal, Canada at a small market across from the Marche Jean-Talon market. Sorry, I don't recall the name, but I do recall that there were a couple of stores there selling this brand of truffettes and do remember their exact locations. Let me know if you are in that area and I can give you the exact details.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They show up at Costco usually early Christmas season...October and if you are lucky they still have some in January. I stock up and freeze them. I use them for baking as well.

    ReplyDelete