Monday, April 20, 2009

Naked Chocolate Cafe : Philadelphia

So the full story on my gf's bday was that we originally were planning to pick up some chocolate cake at Miel Patisserie, but found out it was closed on Sundays when we walked over. Yes, I'm a terrible boyfriend for not have planned this out better.

In any case, we decided to just pick up something at Naked Chocolate Cafe instead, having never tried anything there.

Now those with a memory better than mine may be a little confused, as I already mentioned getting Guinness Cake at Miel, no less, for my gf's bday. And now I'm telling you that we went to Naked Chocolate Cafe?

Well the reason was that the stuff I got for her at Naked Chocolate Cafe was crap. I like getting people good gifts and well this stuff just was not cutting it.

We ended up getting a Chocolate Nudo, which was dry and stale.


And their Peanut-butter Chocolate Cupcake, which, if you're E.T. you might like it, since it tasted like a Reese's Pieces version of a cupcake....


Heh, yes I'm being immature... but it's oh so fun.

And uhh, I couldn't resist trying out their chocolate nib cookie, which I wish I could follow in my silly critiquing pattern above, but I have to give credit where credit is due. I think it's great that they tried using cacao nibs instead of the standard chocolate chips. You should definitely not order this if you have a hankering for a chocolate chip cookie, since this had little sugar. But perhaps if you're been dragged by the hair to Naked Chocolate Cafe by a friend (some friend), and are more in the mood for a unsweetened biscotti, this might fit your bill. Surprisingly, the nibs weren't bitter at all, instead just acting more like nut pieces.


Anyways, did I mention that I ended up getting an entire cake at Miel Patisserie for my gf?

PS. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this way of Naked Chocolate Cafe.


Naked Chocolate Cafe
1317 Walnut St Philadelphia, PA 19107
(215) 735-7310
nakedchocolatecafe.com‎ | Yelp
($Bakery, $cookies, $Philadelphia)

1 comment:

  1. Their cupcakes are amazing! Best in the city!

    ReplyDelete