Saturday, April 11, 2009

Insomnia Cookies


What an absolutely fabulous idea: cookies on delivery. I ended up ordering a bunch for a school team meeting and I must say that these cookies were pretty good. Satisfying, homey, familiar, and yet decently done. It's of course hard to overlook the freshly-baked aspect; they were still warm and gooey upon delivery. And it was amusing to discover their cookies arriving in a box, similar to a pizza box, except miniature.

Taste-wise, well, the cookies while good seemed slightly one-note. Especially when compared to the bakeries I'm used to, the chocolate in the chocolate chip cookie reminded me of M&M's in flavor. But that being said, their target consumer is college-age students and I think that's reflected in the taste. (I mean no disrespect to college students and in fact know some with quite discerning palates. But I personally know my palate was less sophisticated then and I suspect that this is the case in general.)

Despite my minor critique, I will whole-heartedly recommend Insomnia. They are better than the standard cookie and fantastically convenient for students. I'll probably order these guys once again before my last days in school.


Insomnia Cookies
www.InsomniaCookies.com
($cookies, $Philadelphia)

1 comment:

  1. oh mon dieu. Insomnia cookies are the worst most fake butter, sugar cookie, vanilla flavor, crisco oozing, underbaked industrial disasters I have EVER had the misfortune of tasting in my life. I have never met a cookie that looked, tasted, and felt so fake for such a undeservedly high price in my life. I wish these demon cookies would go back to the bakery hell they came from and leave our poor, deprived, confused food culture alone. Amen.

    ReplyDelete