Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Los Taquitos de Puebla : Philadelphia

I went here with my gf on Halloween night. Yes, we're that big of social party-animals. :P

But that being said, it was kind of cool being here on Halloween. First of all, we were the only non-hispanics there eating, giving it a "foreign country" 15 minutes away type feel. Secondly, some of the local trick-or-treating kids stopped by to take a rest and eat some snacks, showing off their cute costumes in the process. In a weird way, we were able to observe only the calm restful moments during a usually celebratory and bombastic night.

Since this was so long ago, I don't quite remember the details from this meal. In addition, my perspective on Mexican food has been altered by my recent trip to Mexico, so I feel all mixed up writing some of my thoughts. Hopefully I'll get a chance to visit again and see what I thought post-Mexico.

Beets & Cucumber slices w/ salsas - Umm, I'm still confused on this. We ended up eating these as appetizers, but can someone tell me whether these are appetizers or filler for other dishes?


Tacos al Pastor - Beef?


??? - Forgot what this was, but I just remember it strangely tasted like a soy sauce stir-fry (I think mainly because of the peppers and onions)



Orden de Nopales Asados con Queso Fresco y Aguacate (Grilled cactus with fresh cheese and avocado)



As I said before, I think I'll have to return here to try these dishes again post my Mexico trip.


Los Taquitos de Puebla
1149 S 9th Street Philadelphia, PA 19147 (Map)
(215) 334-0664
www.lostaquitosdepuebla.com | Yelp | Chow

1 comment:

  1. Seems that it was a pretty authentic restuarant. It had vegetables and nopalitos! If you ate the catus I give you 100 points!

    ReplyDelete