Thursday, February 05, 2009

Amazing 66 : New York

Folk are pretty enthusiastic about Amazing 66 on Chowhound (Amazing 66, thank you, Amazing 66, new in Chinatown, Amazing 66, Cantonese Roast meats, Amazing 66 lunch), which led me to try it with my gf when we were visiting NY.


We came here for lunch on a random rainy weekday and they have a pretty large selection of lunch specials for $4.95 or something insanely cheap. We ended up ordering:

Braised Pork Belly with preserved vegetable with rice rolls in caserole

Gongbao ji ding (Kung Pao Chicken) - I don't quite understand why we ordered this, but whatever.

Anyhow, perhaps it was just the fact that this was lunch and not dinner that everyone talks about, but I didn't quite understand the raves about this place. The dishes were okay tasting, but everything was kind of heavy and drenched in oil. I don't really recall having much desire to return for a second time, let alone rave about this place.

Shrug, perhaps, I'll get a chance to try this out for dinner, but I wasn't really feeling this place so much.

Amazing 66
66 Mott St, New York, NY‎ (Map)
(212) 334-0099‎
Chow | Yelp
($Chinese, $NYC)

No comments:

Post a Comment