Saturday, November 22, 2008

Fitzwater Cafe : Philadelphia

I feel uber lame for posting this after such a lack-luster attention to my blog recently, but I do my best with what I have.

My gf and I were looking for a Philadelphia brunch place. Perusing through Chowhound threads, (Morning Glory Why the Hype?, Best Sunday Brunch in Philadelphia, Best Bruch in Philadelphia), a select number of places consistently come up, Fitzwater Cafe being one of them. So we mosey on down to the cafe, which is nestled in a quiet neighborhood of Phili.


Unfortunately, once we get to the place, I get a call from Verizon, who managed to muck up my internet account and who I've been trying to get in touch with to resolve my problem. Long story short, I become the crappy boyfriend who has to field a phone call for 45 minutes, leaving my gf inside wondering what the heck is going on.

Once I manage to drag my sorry butt inside, I'm left with the following:

yeah, scrambled eggs, toast and home-fries. Granted, the server was nice enough to keep them covered, somewhat simple brunch food that has been sitting around for 45 minutes, is not exactly a fair judge of the place.

So umm. If you need a outside place to a cell phone call, I can definitely recommend this place, but if you actually need an opinion of the food there, I'd recommend one of the Chowhound links above.

Fitzwater Cafe
728 S 7th St, Philadelphia, PA‎ (Map)
(215) 629-0428‎
Yelp | Chow
($Brunch, $Philadelphia)

No comments:

Post a Comment