Sunday, October 26, 2008

Fork & Philadelphia Foodbuzz Dinner

Apologies, it was just a terrifically rough week for me last week.

Anyways, first things first. Ryan Stern, director and managing editor of Foodbuzz organized a dinner for us Phili food bloggers, at Fork in Old City.

I have to admit that the whole ordeal was a surprise. It's a complete mind-warp to go from happily shooting semi-anonymous nerdy thoughts on food to meeting and greeting like-minded folk and getting a free dinner out of it no less. But I'm so glad that Foodbuzz organized the event, as I had a really great time.

I of course have to give a shout-out to the other bloggers. They are definitely some very fun, interesting and connected folk and I'm looking forward to our next get-together.

The Pink Spoon
Travis Gone Gluten Free
1 Wine Dude
Foodaphilia
I'll Eat You
When Words Fail
Dream Kitchen

I should get something out of the way. I've previously dined at Fork for dinner and wasn't that impressed with the place. Unfortuately, similarly this time I also found my food to be rather un-memorable.

Hamachi Sashimi - coconut lime sauce, pickled turnip, carrot slaw.


Pan-Roasted Free-range Chicken - parsley-pesto marinade, french lentils with bacon, sautéed broccoli rabe


Ginger-Lemon Panna Cotta - bourbon honey, almond tuile - Probably the best part of my meal. A pleasingly light texture and balanced sweetness.


Fortunately some of the others had ordered some decent dishes. In particular, I found Travis' salmon cooked in banana leaf to be quite interesting.

For your reference, here are a few other accounts of the night:
Foodbuzz photos
Foodaphilia's account
Travis Gone Gluten Free's write-up

Again, much love to the Foodbuzz crew. You guys continue to surprise me in good ways. Can't wait till the next dinner...


Fork
306 Market St Philadelphia PA
215-625-9425
Forkrestaurant.com
Chowhound | Yelp

No comments:

Post a Comment