Monday, September 29, 2008

Taqueria La Bamba : Mountain View

Taqueria La Bamba is the type of place that you hope would be near to your workplace. It serves up tasty Salvadoran/Mexican food for decent prices. While it doesn't really have much seating, for take-out, you're in and out in about 5 minutes.

I really rather regret not finding this place sooner during my summer in Cali. I would have probably come here quite a bit.



Carne Asada & Carnitas soft tacos - This really hit the spot. Tasty meats, especially the carnitas, accompanied with some onions and cilantro, made for flavorful, yet semi light eating.

Pupusa - Stuffed with cheese. Not overly greasy, perhaps a bit plain to some tastes, but I enjoyed it, especially in contrast with the tastier taco meats. Also comes with a small surprise salad underneath.


Judging from Yelp, the burritos are the things to get here. Shrug, perhaps next time I'm in the area...

Taqueria La Bamba
2058 Old Middlefield Way Mountain View, CA 94043 (Map)
(650) 965-2755
Yelp | Chowhound | Jatbar

2 comments:

  1. No doubt about it! Taqueria La Bamba is the best!! One of the top restaurants on jatbar.com too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alan, thanks for the link to Jatbar. That's a pretty informative site that I wish I had found before or while I was in the area.

    ReplyDelete