Monday, August 11, 2008

Creations Dessert House : San Francisco

My family and I stopped at Creations Dessert House for some Hong Kong style desserts.

I've actually never heard of this before, but my parents filled me in that this is a fairly well-known place originating from Hong Kong. We ordered a papaya pudding...

...and mango mochi (covered in Coconut sprinkles)

Perhaps there's something lost having these desserts out of their original context, but I didn't really feel like there was anything special about this. It certainly wasn't bad, but there just wasn't the uniqueness that is evident in the tanginess of Pinkberry, (the Korean inspired frozen yogurt chain), nor was there a condensed focus on the fresh fruit available in the area (the mango mochi just didn't have enough mango).

Shrug, perhaps we didn't get the right thing or perhaps it was an off-day, but I just didn't feel this place. Note for what it's worth there's some love for this place on Chowhound.

Creations Dessert House
5217 Geary Blvd. San Francisco, CA 94118 (map)
www.creationsdessert.com
Yelp | Chowhound
($Chinese, $Dessert, $SF)

No comments:

Post a Comment