Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Bombay Garden : San Mateo

It's places like Bombay Garden and its accompanying Yelp 3.5/5.0 ratings that make me think SFers smoke just a little too much ganja for their own good.

Where the f are the spices? Isn't this a bloody Indian restaurant?

Samosas - Ground beef (?) inside a bit too overcooked and dry, with no spices that I could detect.

Salty Lassi - Salt was the only spice I could taste here. Hrmm.

Lamb Saag - I can taste the fresh spinach, which I suppose is a good thing. But where are the other flavors?

Chicken Tikka Masala - What the heck? Why does this taste like a ketchup based sauce with no Indian spices?

Tandoori Mixed Grill - Getting angry. This just tastes like unflavored kebabs that any incompetento could make on a grill.

Onion Naan - Waaay waay too bready.

I forget what this is, but can be described similarly as above: bland as hell

There are supposedly tons of worthwhile Indian places in the Bay Area to frequent. This is not one of them.

While not close, I did enjoy Amber India Restaurant in Palo Alto.

Bombay Garden
172 E 3rd Ave
San Mateo, CA 94401
(650) 548-9966

No comments:

Post a Comment