Monday, May 12, 2008

Manny's Cafeteria and Deli : Chicago

I had a flight with a layover in Chicago Midway and was a bit surprised to find some decent food at one of the airport restaurants. I stopped at Manny's Cafeteria and Deli and picked myself up a potato pancake and chicken broth with a matzo ball.

The potato pancake was oh so greasy, but with its accompanying sour cream, was oh so good.

The chicken broth was I suspect from a can. The Matzo ball was probably really cheap to make, but for a weary traveller, they were tasty nonetheless and provided a pleasant counter-balance to the greasy potato pancake.

Put in the situation again, I'm not sure I would have chosen my meal any differently.

Manny's Deli
Chicago Midway Airport Terminal A, close to the Food court,
(Terminal Map)

Main location at:
1141 S. Jefferson Chicago, IL 60607 (Map)

Manny's Deli website

($Chicago)

2 comments:

  1. I like Midway because they have a Potbelly, but O'Hare isn't too bad. Last time I was there they had a live blues band playing. We were, of course, delayed, but the band made it better. Now to get my sig. other to dance . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I've never tried Potbelly - perhaps I'll try it out next time I pass through, whenever that may be.

    Haha. I'm all for dancing, but I think I side with your s.o. on dancing in an airport.

    ReplyDelete