Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Bistro942 / Eurocafe : Hartford

If it wasn't for my gf wanting to try Bistro942 (previously known as Eurocafe) for brunch, I don't think I would have on my own. I've become a bit of a grouch when it comes to trying European style cafes, despite our recent good experience with Marseilles NY. However, my reservations were unfounded in this case and I was pleasantly surprised by the food here.

The strawberry crepe (not pictured) ended up being fairly light and pleasing, with strawberry sauce that was not overly sweet.

The broccoli, tomato quiche was also nice. Warm with a crumbly crust. Again, a very light dish.

The banana foster over French Toast Baguettes were also restrained on the sweetness, which was probably the most surprising, given the number of banana fosters that are just sickeningly sweet. I was a little ambivalent on the french toast baguettes themselves, which had an almost bouncy consistency, but I could tell they were trying to use more authentic baguette bread.


Along with the food came tremendously friendly service. The waittress saw that we were ordering a couple of sweet dishes and recommended us to balance out with the more savory quiche, a more than solid recommendation.

Overall, we had a relaxing and certainly a much better meal than I expected going in. I would definitely recommend if you're in the area and in the mood for a lighter, European style meal.


Bistro942 (Eurocafe)
942 Main St Hartford, CT 06103 (Map)
(860) 524-1700
www.theeurocafe.com
($Connecticut, $Hartford, $French)

No comments:

Post a Comment