Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Le Bus Bakery : Philadelphia

Chocolate chip cookie
I apologize for the poor quality photo of the Le Bus chocolate chip cookie. I was starving on the train and well, low lighting and my cell phone camera just don't make for great photos. In any case, let's get down to bidness, shall we?


Le Bus' chocolate chip cookie is a bit surprising. Like what I saw in Hope's Oatmal Raisin Cookie, it has a nutmeg flavor that is reminscent of Christmas cookies. And while the chocolate is a decent milk chocolate and is well balanced with the cookie and the chewy texture is somewhat comforting, the nutmeggy flavor commands the attention and distracts from what could have been a fairly decent cookie. I would say that it's a semi-interesting choice, although one that I can see not being equally liked by all.
7.0/10.0

Oatmeal Raisin Cookie

The Oatmeal raisin also has a nutmeg flavor as well. Here, it gives the cookie a more home-made type of feel. Like the chocolate chip cookie, it's pretty chewy and I actually wish there could have been a little more crunch of either nuts or oats. Flavorwise, it's decent with a nice balance of raisins to cookie. All in all, I'm not really blown away, but am satisfied as if I had just eaten a home-baked oatmeal raisin cookie.


7.5/10.0


($Bakery, $cookies, $Philadelphia)

No comments:

Post a Comment