Thursday, April 03, 2008

HK Cookbook : Cooking

I've been trying out a few recipes from this cookbook, Rice & Noodles: Delicious Recipes that I bought in Hong Kong. (Yeah what a great name huh?)

It's got recipes for "authentic" Asian dishes that I associate more with casual Chinese restaurants/food-stands than family dishes. Besides being able to cook some of the dishes that I've always seen but never knew how to cook, I also like the fact that all of the recipes seem to be compressed to their absolute simplest form. This means most of the dishes are quick to make (10-20 min), perfect for my busy playboy student lifestyle. And while the simple recipe also translate to simple tastes, once you grok the recipe, it's easy enough to start customizing and deepening it.

As you might imagine, it's frickn hard searching the web for this book. Both in English and in Chinese, the title is composed of all very common words. The easiest way is by ISBN number: 9621433053 and the only place I found that you can buy this thing, besides going to HK of course, is 66eMart.com. Now, I've never ordered through the website before, so I'll leave that decision up to you. But just as a note, don't be scared by the price, the conversion rate is currently about ~8 HK dollars to 1 US dollar.


($Chinese, $Cooking)

No comments:

Post a Comment