Monday, April 28, 2008

Hiccup hiccup hiccup...

Derr. If this simple cure for the hiccups, drinking warm water, really works, I'll be kicking myself for not finding out about this earlier.

[via Lifehacker]


**Update**
Holy drunken mackerels! Drinking warm water actually works! I heated up a cup of water to a temperature that I'd want tea to be at and in a matter of seconds, my hiccups were gone.

At this point, I'm aghast that it took me this long to find such a simple and effective remedy. The years of trying to hold my breath or drinking from the opposite side of the cup or dancing like a chicken in the middle of the street. What grandiose world-changing inventions I could have come up during that lost time... (or hrmm maybe I would have just wasted it watching more youtube videos.)

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes, drinking water is the simplest, fastest way. But there is a trick to it. You see, the hiccup is caused by the diaphragm so the secret is not in the water but the drinking action. The method is the following: swallow - inhale - swallow - exhale - swallow - inhale - swallow - exhale... you got the idea. Slow and rhythmic motion. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The article mentions that it's *warm* water that speciifcally helps and which I have never tried yet.

    But if that doesn't work, I'll give your method a shot. Thanks

    ReplyDelete