Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Pho 75 : Philadelphia

**Edit Aug 8, 2009** Decided to stop in to try their pho again and am left with the same impression as the last time I came in. It's a decent bowl pho with fresh ingredients and thin cuts of still-pink meats, but it's still not something that left me overly excited or joyous about.



**Original Post**

A chilly day calls for a warm, spicy bowl of noodle soup. I stopped off at Pho75 in Chinatown to try out their pho. The first thing I noticed is that it's probably the cleanest or in the least, brightest lit Vietnamese restaurant I've ever been to, which was a good thing. The menu is one page - nice and simple. As it was a late lunch (around 2), I got immediate service and my pho, the #1 - slices of eye-round steak, well-done flank, fat brisket, soft tendon and beef tripe, came out almost immediately. As you can see it's a pretty big bowl.

All of the meat was surprisingly cooked well-done and cut thicker than what I'm used to, but wasn't bad. The broth had a simple taste with the lemongrass flavor being quite strong, but also was not bad. All in all, I don't think it was an outstanding bowl of pho, but a satisfying and quite acceptable one nonetheless.



Pho75
1022 Race St Philadelphia, PA 19107 (Map)
(215) 925-1231

1122 Washington Ave # F Philadelphia, PA 19147 (Map)
(215) 271-5866

No comments:

Post a Comment