Saturday, February 23, 2008

DiNic's Roast Pork and Beef

For lunch, my gf and I tried out the much praised DiNic's roast pork sandwich/hoagie(?). We got it with broccoli rabe and sharp provolone.

I don't think I'm quite used to the Philadelphia's hoagie/sandwich just yet, but I could appreciate why people like DiNic's so much. My gf described the sandwich as simple, which was not to take away from its tastiness, but rather to pinpoint that the focus was more on making all the ingredients as great as possible and putting them together, a viewpoint that I completely agreed with. Altogether, despite the heftines, the sandwich is surprisingly light on the stomach. The bread is crusty on the outside yet fluffy on the inside. The roast pork pieces were moist as would be expected of so highly praised a place. And the broccoli rabe and provole added a nice range of flavors that complemented the pork well.

All in all, having DiNic's after pancakes at the Dutch Eating Place, really hammered home the fact that the Reading Terminal Market represents a lot of what is good with Philadelphia. Bringing together a diversity of people with focus on good, quality, locally made food.



DiNic's Roast Pork & Beef
Reading Terminal Market
12th & Arch St
Philadelphia 19107 (map)
www.readingterminalmarket.org/merchants/view/56

No comments:

Post a Comment