Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Rosco's Big Dog

Rosco's Big Dogs
24 Temple Street
Hartford, CT 06103
(860) 296-2867

Kind of eh on everything. The hot dog was okay, although the toasted bun was nothing inspirational. The sauteed onions that I added on top were rather greasily disgusting. They gave a fairly large portion of Belgian fries and it was nice that I could actually taste the potato, but some were burnt. All in all, this reminded me of Spike's Hot Dogs in Boston, but was slightly better.

All in all, this place fails to come even close to my hot dog standard: White Hut in West Springfield, MA

>edit <
Intriguing, Rosco's gets some love on chowhound's Best hot dog in CT thread. I'll have to check it out again to see whether I just hit a bad day.

($Burgers / Hot Dogs, $Hartford)

2 comments:

  1. I Love Rosco's! I've also been to White Hut and was very disappointed. Burgers were OK. Just proves that opinions are very subjective to where you have your memories from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be fair, I've never tried White Hut's burgers, so I can't speak to their quality. But their hot dogs were quite good: not overly greasy onions with all the fixins on a freshly toasted bun.

    I'll try hitting Rosco's again when I'm in the area again. Perhaps it was an off-night.

    ReplyDelete