Sunday, January 15, 2006

A feast for myself

At the end of a long day, it is undescribably nice to be able to cook for yourself. I think that flies in the face of how most people view things around here, but I think there's something to be said about understanding your particular cravings on a single day and being able to satisfy them down to the last and most unique detail. (I suppose that last sentence could be construed in a sexual manner, but I think that's a topic for another day and a different forum. :)

Tonight, I had a 2 course meal and an appetizer which probably sounds like a lot until you consider that I customize the portions to my particular appetite. On tonight's menu, was a single pi-dan (preserved egg) for the appetizer and steamed ground pork with scallops, orange peel and pickled vegetable and pan-fried/steamed baby bok-choy with a seafood sauce... and of course, a bowl of white rice. Minus the preserved egg, everything was served piping hot, which is something I'm becoming more demanding of (and finding more rare at restaurants).

And you know, if for some odd reason, I were to die tomorrow, not having eaten exactly what I wanted tonight would not be on my regret list.

($Cooking)

No comments:

Post a Comment